Update: Round 4 / Testing / Next Steps

 Hello family & friends...it's been a while since my last post. There are 2 reasons for this:

1. The pneumonia was the cause of my issues post chemo (rounds 1 & 2) and the last 2 rounds (3 & 4) have been non-eventful and I've felt great (for the 1st time since last year)! 

2. After my 4th round I was due for a lot of testing to determine 1) If the treatment is working and 2) based on that; will we move forward with my Stem Cell Transplant (SCT) after my 6th treatment.  A MOMENT OF TRUTH!

I received all my test results yesterday 10/22 and I'm ecstatic to report that everything is moving as planned, the Dr.'s are happy. More specifically (for the Dr. folks out here 😀 ), from my bone marrow biopsy there is no bone marrow involvement and from my CT scan my spleen is back to normal size, no new areas of growth and many lymph nodes are back to normal size (some still a little larger than normal but that could just be scarring - won't know for sure till PET scan, which isn't necessary at this point). Lastly, I have gained 30 pounds back...guess the timing is off since I'll no longer be a skeleton for Halloween!

Sooo......next week (10/26) is a busy week. I start my Stem Cell Harvesting on Monday morning. There is a specific number of stem cells they need to collect so this process might be 1 day or it might take up to 3/4 days. We won't know until we get started on Monday morning. To prepared for that I have to give myself 3/4 shots each night to promote stem cell over-growth and release into the blood stream. Actually Maneesha gets to administer those shots so I'm sure she's enjoying that!!! One side note here...if you remember my blog about the bone pain....it's back w/ this medicine! At least I'm at home this time and it's not quite as bad as in the hospital.

After the harvesting is complete I go straight into my round 5 chemo treatment...hoping it will be the same as the past 2 and I'll have nothing to update!

That's all! As usual if you have any questions please feel free to reach out! Stay safe this Fall/Winter as COVID is on the rise again!!!

We love you all and thanks for all your support!





Comments

  1. Wonderful news Erik! I love the pictures of you and your family! We'll keep praying for your full recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We’re so happy that you’re feeling good and are cheering for you and your full recovery. Enjoy every moment with that gorgeous family of yours :)
    Amy & Andrew

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Home

The Background Story