Stem Cell Transplant

 Hello All.....Day +2 as I write here. I had a successful 7 days of chemo from the 12th - 18th, followed by 2 rest days and the big moment.....re-infusion of my stem cells (aka stem cell transplant).  Overall, I've had relatively light side effects (knock on wood). Here's a few pics of how the meds flow and the ridiculous amounts of fluid being pumped into my body.







The stem cell transplant itself was anti-climatic, just like a blood transfusion, took no longer than an hour to complete. The cool parts about it were the cryo chamber they come in and the weird taste that hits your taste buds, due to the preservatives...tasted like garlic, creamed corn (and supposedly smelled like that to others in the room - Nurse / Cryo Guy / Maneesha).




So now that the SCT is complete it's just a waiting game with my blood counts. I have to bottom out and as of now I'm pretty much there. I expect to have some platelet transfusions over the next couple of days and hopefully my counts will stabilize and I'll be ready to get out of here. I won't lie this time in the hospital for this long has been the most mentally challenging moment in my life. IT IS BORING and I feel great so that makes it harder to deal with. Like always just staying positive and ticking the days off. If you want to see what NO IMMUNE SYSTEM looks like on paper here you go!


Hope everyone is well and if you're bored during COVID give me a call! I've got nothing but time! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Home

Update: Round 4 / Testing / Next Steps

The Background Story