My 1st Treatment (July 7,8,9th)

I had my 1st chemo/immuno treatments on July 7,8,9th. My treatment consists of a 3 drug combo:
  1. Day 1 - Cytarabine
  2. Day 2 - Cytarabine + Bendamustine
  3. Day 3 - Cytarabine + Bendamustine + Rituximab
I went into treatment expecting the absolute worst as it relates to immediate & post side effects. To my surprise & delight I had absolutely no issues or real effect other than fatigue (which I've now had for 3 mos anyways 😃) after the 1st two days. Day 3 (Rituximab) was not as easy. During treatment I had a reaction from this drug (which is common when it's introduced into your body for the 1st time). Luckily after a break and some other meds my body took the treatment and I was able to complete. That day ended up being around a 10 hour day so needless to say I was absolutely exhausted! Once I got home I quickly started to not feel well and had developed a fever (100.3). I quickly popped some Tylenol and got on the phone with my Oncologist. She said if my temp went up to 100.4 then I should go to the ER. Luckily the Tylenol worked and a ER visit was avoided....win for Erik!


Look, my 1st Day of School .....I mean Chemo! Thanks for the lunch & snacks Maneesha!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Home

Update: Round 4 / Testing / Next Steps

The Background Story